Bookkeeping & accounting for Small Businesses – providing you with cost effective solution to allow you to concentrate on your business
For businesses with a turnover between say under £200,000, companies will typically either employ a bookkeeper on a full or part time basis or the Directors may do the bookkeeping themselves. Some companies will be using an accounting system but others may use manual books or spreadsheets and in many cases whatever the systems, the company do not get enough out of theirs accounts and procedures are often inefficient.
Where Directors are involved in book-keeping themselves this often is resulting in very long hours being worked and frequently directors are not trained in this area and may not keep books in the best way or fully understand all the relevant tax rules. Often start up businesses perform bookkeeping work themselves but find as they grow it is difficult to decide at what point to employ someone else to do this work.
When the growing business does take on a bookkeeper it is difficult to understand whether the person they are employing is competent and it takes time to supervise etc, so often the extra staff are not as effective as they should be.
We are confident that we can efficiently look after book-keeping matters for most small businesses. In cases where book-keepers are involved we may be able to reduce overall costs. Where Directors look after there own books we feel the assistance we can provide that will help the business optimise performance.
Some of the key advantages of our services are;
- Saving of your own internal management time – no need to recruit/train or control book-keeping staff. Often very long hours worked by the Directors and saving time allows a more balanced lifestyle and clearer decision making
- Regular involvement with Partners and qualified staff, we become much closer advisors, understand you and your business better and are able to give advice without extra time or cost
- Tax advice throughout the year. Advice is proactive and we are able to advice on matters which need to be acted on quickly as well as avoiding pitfalls in PAYE/VAT problems etc.
- Figures and advice are up to date so not delayed and you are able to act quickly. Accurate figures available quickly if needed for the bank or any other third parties.
- Detailed of Management accounts to give more information and better analysis
- Money is not spent at the year end on correcting errors and year end accounts produced quickly and efficiently
- Several staff involved, so more cover for sickness etc
- A more professional approach and a better presentation of your company to external parties such as your customers, suppliers and bank.
Please read the case studies below, which we feel will give you a flavour for the services we offer and the benefits we are providing to our clients.