FreeAgent For Business
FreeAgent is an easy-to-use combined banking and accounting platform for sole traders and small business owners. Available as a managed service through David Howard Accountants. Get in touch for more info.
Why use FreeAgent?
Paying business income into a personal account may seem the simplest way to manage your money as a sole trader or contractor, but it can make the process of completing your annual tax return more complex than necessary – and expensive, if you pay an accountant to sift through your bank statements and records.
FreeAgent is a simple, cloud-based accounting software solution that is designed to support sole traders and small businesses with a cost effective easy to use no fuss product to make your life easy and minimise the cost of producing your accounts and tax returns.
With Making Tax Digital (MTD) on the horizon and effective from April 2024, landlords who previously did not need accounting software will be forced to submit quarterly returns to HMRC using approved software. Freeagent provides a very cost effective Landlord solution to help you comply and give you control over your finances.
With FreeAgent, you will benefit from:
- Improved visibility of your personal and business finances.
- Access to your finances in one place that you can view from any device at any time of day.
- Compatibility with Making Tax Digital (MTD) requirements. (LINK to Guide)
- An easy-to-read dashboard that presents your finances in charts and graphs.
- Automatic quoting and invoicing to give you more time to grow your business.
- Secure, digitised storage of receipts for long-term access.
- Syncing with your bank accounts and calendar, so you never forget a crucial invoice date or tax deadline.
- Rapid exporting of critical data in Excel or PDF files.
Why invest in FreeAgent for Business?
- Free with certain bank accounts: is available free if you have a business current account with NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland or Ulster Bank NI, or a business account with Mettle, for as long as you retain your account.
- Simplify accounting process: by working off a business bank account it minimises the time cost and means that records must be accurate, and income and costs cannot be missed
- Reduce Accountants Fees: by providing clean records accountancy costs can be reduced
Free business banking with a bonus
For sole traders, having a separate business bank account will simplify your tax calculations, offer a more insightful overview of your finances, and allow you to make more informed business decisions.
A business bank account doesn’t need to come with a cost: NatWest’s Mettle Business Account is entirely free, with no hidden fees or costs and, what’s more, customers have access to FreeAgent at no charge.
Gain insight into your business’s performance
Through the FreeAgent dashboard, you can view your business’s performance in an instant, so you can make informed decisions that will build on its potential, rather than placing it at risk. You can track all income and expenditure and monitor trends, learn from intelligent insights based on real-time data, and create detailed reports on request or automatically.
Private, residential or commercial landlord? For landlords, FreeAgent for Landlords offers greater control and visibility of each property’s profitability, with functionality that is designed for your specific needs.
How David Howard can help
For a nominal one-off fee, our experts can help sole traders and microbusiness owners to set-up FreeAgent for Businesses so that they can gain a more insightful overview of their finances and comply with Making Tax Digital regulations at the click of a button.
To arrange a free, one-hour consultation with one of our team, please call David Howard Accountants on 020 8970 7730.
Contact us to arrange a free meeting
Please contact us now to arrange a free 1 hour meeting to see how we can help you.